Well, the jitterati came, they saw, they blogged in real-time till their servers got hosed. The Apple New Products Press Event is wrapping up as we speak at Apple’s Cupertino Campus. Here’s what Chairman Jobs had to hawk:
* New Mac Mini with a Single Core Intel Processor, Gigabyte Ethernet, four USB 2 ports, analog and SPDIF input and output. Added FrontRow and Remote Control. 1.5GHz Intel Core Solo, 512MB RAM, 60GB hard drive, Combo Drive. US$599.
* New Mac Mini with Dual Core Processor. 1.67GHz Core Duo, 512MB RAM, 80GB drive Super Drive. Same other specs. $799
* “Bonjour” (revamped, renamed “Rendezvous” networking software) for streaming iTunes app — allows you to stream iTunes content over local network via FrontRow.
* Hook the Mac Mini to your TV and you can listen to and view all of the media stored on your home network. The beginnings of a move toward a home entertainment computer, but still no resident TV card.
* O-fficial iPod Leather cases (for US$100!). Yawn.
* iPod Boombox (iPod HiFi). Whatever.
And, that’s that. All the wild speculation, about an touchscreen iPod, Apple TV, 17″ MacBook Pro, etc. will remain in the wild, at least for now.
[Info swipped from real-time feeds on Engadget, TUAW, and CNet]